Friday, October 8, 2010

I like to kick some ASS!!!




So last night we practiced in a new space. It's so nice to finally be in a space big enough to get some speed without being affraid of constantly skating into people or more importantly...walls!!
It's a nice space, the floor is wood and kind of bouncy, which is weird, but it skates just fine.

As we have been doing for the past months, we kept on practicing for our WFTDA test next week (now only 6 days away...). We tried to go through as much of the test as possible, focusing on whips and hits for a while, cause still allot of us, are not yet experienced in it.
And just as I thought.... I AM BORN TO BE A BLOCKER!!! YEAH!! :)
So me and my awesome Derby Wife (want to know what a derby wife is click here) Lola Rock 'n' Rolla paired up to practice hits. And let me tell you, we will kick all the tinny ass girls of the track. We started out skating up and hitting the other while she was standing still. Just to get the hang of it. After a few rounds of that we where slowly skating, and before I knew it we were skating pretty hard and hitting each other even harder. And it was the best feeling ever! I love hitting on the track. In real life I have never seriously hit anybody, I don't like violence at all, and a specially not the anger and hate that comes with it. But hitting on the track is so much different, it's part of the game, and it is so much fun!!
My whips are improving too, giving all your momentum to someone else is really cool. When you see them speeding of after giving them your all in your whip, is just great.

And you know what the best thing was during practice? When we were working on hits and whips, it's so much fun that I paid no attention at all to my tired body. It just didn't even occur to me to sit down or whine about being tired. Cause I just wanted to keep on going! Guess that's one of the reasons I want to play so bad. Because I know I will keep on going, because there is no better feeling in the world than playing. Yeah I know, it's sounds like I am totally obsessed... and you know what, I AM!! :p
Roller derby has giving me strength, confidence, athletics, fun, skills and lots of new great friends!



So a couple of weeks ago a part of our League went to Berlin to watch Berlin vs Essen. One of my team mates, Vegan Vengeance was cool enough to not only film during this awesome road trip. But also edit everything into a little movie! It's really cool.
And you can watch it here.


Well, I have got to go, cause having friends over for a pancake dinner! :)
More later.


-Furrrocious

5 comments:

  1. What is this test you're talkin about honey??

    and yeah, your obsessed but who cares :D
    you found your drive, that's the best thing ever :)!! and you got married ;) --> derby wife.. lol!

    xx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're also suffering from small space issues. We don't dare sprint or do any full-on hitting in our tiny gymzaal. Congrats on a bigger space! We meet with the gemeente Wednesday to discuss space issues...they have already thought of a few solutions and I hope desperately that one of them works out.

    Good luck on the test! I love hearing about what you guys are up to and am eagerly waiting for the day when we are there with our training.

    Stop Dutching Me (glad you like the name :) )
    Eastside Rock'nRollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jessica: check: http://wftda.com/rules/wftda-rules-appendix-a-minimum-skill-requirements.pdf
    This is the skills test we're taking.

    @ Sheri: I am organizing it now, I'll let you now soon when it will take place. :)
    But I am so happy that your local government will even talk with you about spaces!! That's really awesome and rare!
    I couldn't believe the difference it makes to be in a bigger space... it's awesome!!
    We'll be in touch!
    xox Furrrocious

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the video! glad you girls are in a bigger space...you deserve the best of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Compliments for the video...& it looked like so much fun there! It was really neat to actually see some Roller Derby in action.
    Keep up your good spirits and training. M'Ladys!! Fantastic!!
    greetings from MamaCat

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of my blog!