Thursday, December 23, 2010

And the virus just keeps spreading...

For a small little country that had never heard about Roller Derby a year and a half ago, we have grown to an amazing number of leagues.
We now have no less then SIX leagues!!

The brand new league is the Arnhem Fallen Angels!!



One of our very own Amsterdam Derby Dames, Peachy Piek moved to Arnhem and after being infected with the derby bug she couldn't live without anymore. So she started her own league!!! Good job Peachy Piek! We cannot wait to play against the Arnhem Fallen Angels. :p


For the Amsterdam Derby Dames there is a winter stop right now, which sucks. Cause I want to skate. But I guess if I would have to say something positive about it. I would say it's good to have some time off so I can focus on uhmmm well work, relaxing and board stuff. I still miss practice though... A LOT!!!!!

Earlier this week I got my end of the year bonus and threaded myself to a x-mas present... I finally ordered new protective gear. After reading the intro from Black Dahlia in Blood and Thunder magazine issue #15 I got the last push I needed to order it.
She had crappy knee pads and fell really badly... Took her months to recover. And she said that good (and expensive) protective gear is not something to safe your money on. And she is so right!! The only derby scar I have until now, I have because of cheap shitty kneepads.
So anyways, I finally ordered some 187 Pro's!


Of course it's hard to resist ordering other stuff when your are on a webshop like wickedskatewear.com.
So I ordered new elbow and wrist protection and some clothing too. Cannot wait for it to arrive!!

Well everybody, I want to wish you all a merry x-mas and an amazing derby filled 2011!!!!

- Furrrocious




You can find the Arnhem Fallen Angels on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arnhem-Fallen-Angels/147617188621900?v=wall&filter=3

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! And the trainer in me says winterstop is the perfect time to work on off-skates strength. Squats, lunges, push-ups, situps and planks every couple of days can be done even in front of the tv :)

    Can't wait til EROC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo right!!! :) I try to do it, I promise!!
    Cannot wait till EROC either. Will be AWESOME!!
    Merry X-mas and have a great Derby Filled 2011
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's wishing you, Furrr, & all the other Derby babes and dudes a very Merry Christmas & a rollin' 2011!!
    xox ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of my blog!