Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Berlin will never be the same....

Only a few more days before the big event!! The first German Roller Derby championships!!

And I am lucky enough to be there and to NSO. I am even luckier then most, cause I am all ready in Berlin! I arrived Saturday and have been staying with a friend of mine. Which has been amazing.
I absolutely love this city. It's got culture, great sights, great affordable food, fun little shops, and the best of all: it's got ROLLER DERBY!!

The past days I have not really been busy with Roller Derby, but just enjoying Berlin, and while I was walking on the street I was happily surprised when I saw the poster for this Saturday. Of course I had to take a picture, all tourists take pictures of pretty sights and street views, but not me, I take pictures of posters! HA!
I guess it was time for me to start thinking about derby again, cause only a couple of hours after I spotted the poster, I was sitting in the u-bahn and saw the commercial on the tv screens! I couldn't believe my eyes! Roller derby promo everywhere. Awesome!!



After all these 'signs', my head was back in the game. So yesterday I went to a ticket office to get a couple of tickets for friends who weren't able to get tickets online and for some of my friends in Berlin that have never seen derby before.

Today I met up with Dr. No-No and went with her to the Berlin newbie training.
Unfortunately after waiting for about half an hour there was a case of 'not-having-a-key' and practice and scrimmaging was off.
So me, Dr. No-No and Ms. High-handed went for a drink. Which was great. We talked and talked about Roller Derby. NSO'ing, Reff'ing, playing, all of it!! Practicing hand signals, sharing stories and learning that there are the same issues and pleasures everywhere. It was just a good 'ol Roller Derby time of skates! :)

After this night of Roller Derby talk, I cannot wait for this city to get swamped by Roller Derby girls and guys!! It's gonna be AWESOME!!




Roll DMC - first German Roller Derby Championship - 11/12/10 - Arena Berlin.
Be there!!!



- Furrrocious

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Furrrocious! What a stroke of luck - or genius! - to have met up w/other Derby-ers & to be able to share! Here's hoping you'll enjoy even more! kisses from your 'Derby' Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't come across any videos of this match have you?

    Jax

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of my blog!