Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Northern connection

Day 1: The sequel...

Last night, after I wrote my blog,
I went outside to smoke and saw a couple of girls sitting next to the pool talking. One of them walked by a little later and I instantly recognized her hat, the 'Stockholm hat'. If you have been to bouts in Europe you will see this group of girls sitting there, mostly Malmö girls, but all wearing these same hats. The Stockholm roller derby hat! :) So I talked to her and joined them next to the pool. And that is how I met Fisty (Sweden) and JJ (Denmark). We talked for a long time, mostly about roller derby of course, and it was nice having good company one my first night in Vegas.


Me and Fisty found out that they have colored sugar in Vegas, which is pretty much the most bizarre thing ever.

Around 1 in the morning my roommates DI Die and ChefX from Devil Dolls Essen arrived. After a trip of about 24hr they finally made it to Vegas! And it was great to see them again. So of course we went outside again an hung out next to that same pool again. :)


Day 2

I was beat! After not sleeping much before coming to Vegas and then staying up late talking, I was in need of lots of sleep. So when DI and Chef got up butt fuck early...I turned around and went back to sleep for a little longer.
Around 10 a decided it was time to get up and start doing things. Of course I had some derby mail to deal with first. ;) I miss my ADD girls so much!!! Wish you could have all been here.
After the morning rituals I went to see if registration was open yet, and I was happily surprised to see it was. An hour earlier then expected! So I got my registration fixed and my insurance.
RollerCon is so well organized!! The volunteers work their asses off. There were goodie bags for everybody, with great program books and other stuff. It's just crazy!




My MVP sticker on my helmet.



That's me!!! Now I can get in everywhere (if I am on time and there are still spots available...)



The program book! Which looks amazing by the way.

At registration I met my friend and fellow league president from the Rotterdam Death Row honeys, Asa Spades.
After hanging out with Asa we ran in to our new Northern friends JJ and Fisty. And we basically hung out and enjoyed our selves in the pool all day, together with the other swedes and Germans. It was our own little European take over of the pool and we were getting whistled at by the life guard a lot........ :)



In the evening I had to go to a meeting from my challenge bout team, Sugar and Spice.
It was good to see all the girls. And it's fun to be in such a mixed group of people.
My derby name for this challenge bout is Jawbreaker. And I had to fix a shirt. Cause our color is pink.... And I really don't have that much pink in my wardrobe. :)




Now I need to get some sleep as I need to kick some boy ass tomorrow! :p

- Furrrocious

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, FurrRocious! It all just sounds like so much fun...& a learning experience at the same time! Wasn't really worried you'd be 'alone & lonely', but am soo happy to read about all your acquaintances/Derby girlfriends, etc. Wow! What an experience!
    Good luck w/your bout, JawBreaker! Knock 'em dead! (but not really...hihihi...)
    Keep up the good bloggin'!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of my blog!