Sunday, November 21, 2010

Living the Derby life!!

It's been a while since my last post. Not that I wasn't working on getting to play derby. But just as all people have every once an awhile, there is just not enough time in a day to do all you want to do. Same with keeping up my blog.

Lots has happened though in Amsterdam Roller Derby world. :) We have been training as an expo team (still expo, cause it's not a full team yet).
I am not on it yet, as I have not passed my WFDTA test. But when I do I will get on it. For now I can join one of the team trainings which is awesome.




I unfortunately haven't been training on Mondays this month. To give rest to my injured ankles. It sucks not training as much and hearing the stories about how great last Mondays practice was, knowing I wanted nothing more then be there too. But sometimes you have to be wise and this is that time for me. Need my body to recuperate before I fuck it up more then I all ready have. Working with my physical therapist has been good though. I am happy to have a male physical therapist that takes Roller Derby serious as a sport.
I am hoping to be able to start training full on again in (mid) December, and I cannot wait!!


The last months I have been very busy as part of the inter league committee with ADD to get in touch with other leagues and joining Dutch and Belgium inter league discussions on working together in the future which is great! I love being on the inter league committee and sharing stories, ideas and questions with other girls around the globe. We all love the sport. And some have been at it longer then others and it's good to not have to figure everything out on your own.



Talking about the league organizational side of things. Today we chose our new board. And I was nominated for president of the board I gladly accepted the nomination and today I was voted new president of the Amsterdam Derby Dames!! It's crazy to think how involved I am in derby now. I never would have believed I would be so busy physical and other wise with this sport. But I am loving every minute of it!!


Next month the first German Roller Derby championship will take place in Berlin. And me and a group of girls from ADD will be there. Not only to support, but four of us will also be NSO'ing. For those not with familiar with the sport NSO means, Non Skating Official, and is a part of the referee team. There are several jobs that need to be done during a bout, like keeping track of all the penalties, keeping score, etc.
So me and three of the other girls will be helping out and working as NSO's during the games.
I just got our shirts, and they look awesome!




It's not the best picture. But more will follow after my trip to Berlin for sure.
I am so excited to go. It will be my first championship ever. And it will be a day filled with Roller Derby, and a night filled with party-ing with derby girls, so if you ask me, it will be a great day!!
I arranged for the Death Row Honeys (Rotterdam) and the Dom City Dolls (Utrecht) to be in the same hostel as the us. So it will be a crazy fun weekend, I am sure. I hope 36rooms hostel is ready for so many derby girls.... :p


In the next months I will try to be better in keeping up my blog. Because there will be lots to write about. We will hopefully have a brand new group of fresh meat going through a three month training period starting this coming week. EROC II is coming up, and we'll hopefully be playing our first bout before spring. And much much more of course, because Derby girls don't sleep!! :)


- Furrrocious





My stepmom made this awesome bag for me. My own Furrrocious merchandise!! :)

2 comments:

Let me know what you think of my blog!